NIMT Institutions are non-profit global institutions. The Institution was established in the year 1992. The Institutions are accredited and approved by state government universities and regulatory councils including Bar Council of India, All India Council for Technical Education,Indian Nursing Council, Pharmacy Council of India, National Council of Teacher Education, University Grants Commission (UGC) amongst others. Details about affiliations and approvals is available here. NIMT was established as a philanthropic initiative under the United Educational Society.
NIMT Institute of Technology & Management – PGDM
NIMT follows the trimester system (also called as Modules) with the academic calendar beginning in the month of Sep 2018. Each trimester is of 11-12 weeks duration. At the end of the first three trimesters of the programme, all students are required to undergo compulsory summer internship for 8-12 weeks in the industry. The programme equips students with strong conceptual skills to manage businesses in an integrated manner. The emphasis of the programme is on developing comprehensive skills that develop managers who can take up positions requiring multi-faceted skills for addressing business and socially pertinent issues.
Eligibility for Admission Education background:
To be eligible for admission to the MBA Programmes, the participants must possess a bachelor’s equivalent degree, with a minimum of 50% aggregate marks or equivalent in any discipline, from a recognised university in India or abroad (recognised by the UGC / Association of Indian Universities). However, the final selection may be based on a higher cut-off percentage depending on the total number of applicants for the programme.
The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years education, after completing higher secondary schooling under the 10+2 system or equivalent. Candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor’s degree or equivalent are also eligible, provided they furnish proof of meeting the minimum eligibility criteria by October 30, 2018.
Candidates who are unable to comply with this requirement are liable to be rejected from the programme. It is desirable that candidates complete all academic requirements before enrolling for the programme to help them keep pace with the rigour and assessment parameters of the programme.
Admission Process Admission Test
- CAT : Admission to the programme is through the Common Admission Test (CAT) conducted by The Indian Institute of Management at different centers all over the country.
- GMAT: Foreign students, PIO and NRI sponsored candidates are also eligible and are required to take the Graduate Management Aptitude Test (GMAT) at a test centre outside India. Indian residents who have appeared for GMAT are also eligible to apply.
- XAT : Admission to the programme is through the Xavier Aptitude Test (XAT) conducted by XLRI Jamshedpur at national level.
- ATMA: AIMS Test for Management Admissions (ATMA) is a national-level computer-based management entrance examination. It is conducted by the Association of Indian Management Schools (AIMS). ATMA scores is also valid to take admission in various management programmes offered by NIMT at its various campus.
- MAT: Management Aptitude Test (MAT) is a standardised test to facilitate Business Schools to screen candidates for admission to MBA and allied programmes. Govt. of India, Ministry of HRD approved MAT as a national level test in 2003. NIMT consider MAT Score as an admission input based on the Score Cards issued to the candidates.
- CMAT: Common Management Admission Test (CMAT) is a national level entrance examination conducted by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) every year as per the directions of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The CMAT score is accepted by NIMT.
- AIAMTI : All India Association of Management and Technical Institutions is an apex body in the field of Management & Technology. It is working for the Quality education in the
Candidates who have appeared for the CAT /XAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT/ATMA/AIAMTI will be short listed on the basis of CAT/CMAT/GMAT/MAT/ATMA/AIAMTI scores (sectional and overall), educational background, marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and work experience, if any. Shortlisted candidates will be called for the final stage of the selection process. Applicants should note that mere fulfilment of minimum eligibility criteria may not ensure consideration for shortlisting by NIMT.
NIMT offers top notch PGDM Education
The NIMT PGDM curriculum offers a combination of rigorous fundamentals, practical experience, and the freedom to explore. NIMT faculty are renowned for their scholarly research and are sought-after consultants for top companies. But they are also engaging and effective teachers. And NIMT’s small scale ensures that students and professors get to know each other, with many ways to interact—both in and out of the classroom.
“Out of the hundreds of leadership opportunities available at NIMT, I was able to choose the ones that helped me best define my personal leadership style. As president of the NIMT Student Association, I have the chance to work with my peers to help direct the school’s culture.” – Zaheer Ali ’02
When you pursue a NIMT PGDM, you’ll transform yourself. Your NIMT PGDM is about more than what you become; it’s what you can do as part of a dynamic community, at NIMT and in the world at large.
At NIMT, you will experience a new vision for PGDM education. You’ll have access to a rigorous knowledge base and flexible options to pursue your individual goals. You’ll find a community that believes in thoughtful leadership and make your impact in the world.
|Installment||Due Date||Fee Amount (in INR)|
|1st||Within 15 days of admission decision||50,000|
|Total Course Fee||3,00,000|