IIHMR – International Institute of Health Management Research
The International Institute of Health Management Research, New Delhi is part of the Society for Indian Institute of Health Management Research – IIHMR, which was established in October 1984 under the Societies Registration Act 1958. IIHMR Delhi was setup in 2008 with a focus on national and international health to cater to the growing needs of the country and the Asia-Pacific region. Our chief goals are to play a major role in promoting and conducting research in policy analysis and formulation, strategy development and effective implementation of policies, training and capacity development and preparing professionals for the healthcare sector.We undertake capacity building of health professionals in a big way through our executive training programs . The Institute offers a two-year full-time Postgraduate Programme with specialization in Hospital Management, Health Management and Healthcare IT. To meet the educational challenges of the rapidly growing health sector in India, IIHMR Delhi provides students with a managerial and technical foundation for careers in consulting, health care systems, hospital management, public health management, Health IT and health insurance.
The institute has three main activities:-
- Post graduate Program in health and hospital management (PGDHM)
- Management Development Programs
MISSION / VISION
IIHMR is an institution dedicated to the improvement in standards of health through better management of health care and related programmes. It seeks to accomplish this through management research, training, consultation and institutional networking in a national and global perspective.
Vision of the Promoting Body
IIHMR is an premier institute in health management education, training, research, programme management and consulting in the health sector including hospitals and Healthcare IT at the national and global level. The Institute is known as a learning organization with its core values as quality, accountability, trust, transparency, sharing knowledge and information. The Institute aims at contributing to social equity and development through its commitment to supporting programmes aiming at poor and the deprived people.
- Primary Health Care
- Health and Hospital Management
- Pharmaceutical Management
- Population and Reproductive
- Health Health Economics and Finance
- NGO Management and Networking
- HIV / AIDS Program Management and Evaluation
The Institute offers a two-year full-time Postgraduate Programme with specialisation in Hospital Management, Health Management and Health IT Management with a total annual intake of 120 students. It is a flagship educational programme which aims to develop trained professional managers with requisite skills in planning, implementation, operational management, diagnosing and problem solving, consultancy and entrepreneurship with a view to prepare them to manage hospitals and healthcare institutions in developing countries, both in the public and the private sectors, and to meet the rising demand for quality healthcare management. The Institute builds achievers through the program. Our students have won prizes in many inter-campus and national competitions in academic and non-academic activities. They have presented papers in many conferences and have even published their papers, won prestigious international scholarships National & International.
The main objectives of the program is to enable students
- To understand the concepts and techniques of modern management and their application in hospitals, healthcare organizations & Health IT organizations
- To develop skills in diagnosing and solving management problems.
- To develop skills in planning, building and managing healthcare organizations.
- To develop consultancy skills in different areas of healthcare management
- To develop and use learning technologies which are responsive to diverse clients.
The programme, with an intake capacity of 120 seats, is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India.
Candidates aspiring for admission to the PGDHM program are required to fill in an application form, which can be obtained from the Institute by paying Rs. 1000/- in cash or by sending a demand draft for Rs. 1,000/- drawn in favour of “International Institute of Health Management Research”, payable at New Delhi. Application forms can also be downloaded from our website: www.delhi.iihmr.org . In the latter case, applications must be sent along with a DD for Rs. 1,000/-.
For fresh graduates
- PGDHM: 50% aggregate marks in the Bachelor’s Degree exam in MBBS/BDS/AYUSH/ Graduates in Paramedical/Nursing/Engineering/ Science/Arts/Commerce/Economics/ Humanities/Law and Management from a recognized university and with MAT/CMAT/ CAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ JMET scores.
For working executives
- 50% aggregate marks in the Bachelor’s Degree exam in the disciplines/ subjects indicated above from a recognized university.
- Minimum of two years’ relevant work experience in the healthcare and/ or allied sector.
- Such candidates are exempted from the MAT /CMAT/CAT/ ATMA/ XAT/ JMET scores.
PGDHM Fee structure
|S.No.||Particulars||Approved Fee for Batch 2016-18|
|First Year||Second Year|
|8||Diploma and Convocation||–||5,000|
|11||Caution Money (Refundable)||5,000||–|
|12||Extra Curricular Activities||8,000||7,000|
|14||Medi-claim (SA Rs. 75,000)||1,000||1,000|
|Total Fee for Indian Students||5,85,000|
Laptop Computer: Students may bring their own laptop computers, or utilize the computer facility available on the campus computer laboratory.
Fees Instalment Plan
Students are required to deposit their fees by the 5th of the month as per the following details failing which late fee will be charged as per the institute norms:
|S.No.||Particulars||Amount(Rs.)||Due Date for Payment|
|1||1st Installment||1,10,000||Within 10 days of admission|
|2||2nd Installment||1,00,000||Within 20 days of admission|
|3||3rd Installment||1,00,000||Upto 5th December, 2016|
|4||4th Installment||2,75,000||Upto 5th July, 2017|
International Institute of Health Management Research
Plot no. 3, Sector 18A, Dwarka, Phase-II, New Delhi – 110075
Ph – 011-64614275 and 011-263444275